Thursday, April 17, 2008

RIP RSLFM.com

([cue KSL voiceover guy] 'We now present a Royal Review editorial opinion')
Well, it appears RSLFM.com is going the way of the dodo, and with it, the best news and opinion resource that RSL had. Some seem to be taking particular glee out of this development, which I do not know (and don't care to know) the details of why, but I find that sad. RSLFM was always a welcome resource, often breaking player news and offering solid critical analysis. Some took that as being anti-RSL but nothing is further from the truth. No one would put that kind of effort into a blog about a soccer team that they didn't like. That doesn't even make sense. Knowing the amount of time I put into this stupid little blog, I can't even fathom the amount of time and work put into that site. Honestly, agree with it or not, like her or not, RSLFM was probably the gold standard in MLS blogs, and I, for one, will miss it. I encourage RSLFM to take a couple weeks and relax and let the soap opera blow over (go to the RSL board on BigSoccer if you don't believe me, specifically here), then come back with renewed focus and vigor. Don't let the terrorists win! :D
(And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I'm trying to get a small TFC preview up tomorrow, we'll see if it happens!)
PS-I will speak no more on this so don't even try. Seriously. I don't care.

No comments: