Monday, March 24, 2008

The Royal Rankings #1

So I've decided to do a periodic MLS "power ranking", but I haven't decided how often I will do it, or whether to do a single table or to separate the teams by division. For now, I am doing it by divisions (for boring reasons I won't go into), but if you have any suggestions, please let me know! And awaaaaaaay we go:

Royal Rankings 1: Pre-Season Edition
East-
1 DC United - 2007 Supporter's Shield looking strong again
2 NERds - 2007 MLS Cup runners up look strong, keep Twellman
3 Chicago - All Blanco, all the time
4 NY Energy Drinks - Superior strike force, but questions on much of the rest
5 Kansas City - Will Lopez be able to make up for the loss of EJ?
6 Columbus - Mediocre roster, Schelotto will have to carry them to any success
7 Toronto - O'Brien trade odd and strikers old but if injury free, could make some noise

West-
1 Houston - MLS champs 2 years running; can't be lower than #1
2 Dallas - I like the Davino signing, strong team otherwise
3 Chivas TST - Can Galindo and Razov do it again?
4 REAL SALT LAKE - Can RSL learn to finish? Deuchar may be the missing piece
5 LAG - I can see them anywhere from 2nd to 6th, should be interesting
6 Crapids - I don't think Gomez can save this team (good for us)
7 San Jose - Do they even have 11 under contract?

Only FIVE DAYS to MLS 2008! Get excited!

No comments: