Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'm Done With 'Sideline Views' aka Luis Bueno Strikes Again

***WARNING: This post contains stronger language than usual so if you are easily offended stop here***

It's a shame Luis Bueno has taken over the Sideline Views blog, as I like Andrea Canales's work for the most part. Instead, he has taken it over in what I can only assume is an attempt to spread massive amounts of lunacy to an unsuspecting soccer populace.
He brings up his old position rankings that I touched on before (c'mon, RSL's GK situtation is 11th??? Art thou high?) and rather than admit that perhaps he didn't really think it through or that other people's comments may be valid or even just use some reasoning to prove his point, he just flatly says "I'm not that high on Nick Rimando". Brilliant analysis there Luis. Of course, I guess it is hard to actually follow the league when you are busy fellating Brad Guzan 24/7. However, the kicker was this gem: "...also drew criticism - mainly from RSL fans...like I overlooked something on their shitty little team." Ah yes, way to class it up there. This really pisses me off and I'll tell you why. This man is paid to cover soccer. He is supposed to be knowledgeable about it. Yet all he can do is make fun of fans of other teams and offer no insight whatsoever. He can't thoughtfully back up his arguments. And yet, he is paid to be a writer. Why am I not getting paid to cover soccer? I can do as well as him with this crappy little "no-editing-allowed" (my life's rule-ha ha) blog!
With all that being said, I must thank Luis for giving me a nickname for Chivas, one of the few teams I don't have anything for. Henceforth they shall be know as "That Shitty Team" or "Chivas TST" or just "TST" for short. Thanks a ton, jackass.

ps-Dear Esky, For your own sake, please have a crappy year. Otherwise, Luis will develop a man crush on you like he has on Brad and may try to molest you during interviews. So shank those shots! It's for your own good.

pps-I wasn't going to link to the post in question, but in case you are interested, go here.

No comments: