Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm done

RSL just used their 3rd pick (17 overall) on 5'5" Alex Nimo, a 17 year old GA middie. I actually am ok (just ok) with this pick, as he sounds like a decent prospect, but he's certainly a look to the future when RSL needs help now. I also read one thing on him that compared his game to Freddy Adu's, and we all know how well that worked out...

Overall, a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE draft from RSL. I am done. I don't even care who they get at 37 at this point. Tony Beltran at number 3 is insanity. Both players who were widely thought to be the two best bets for the number one pick were still on the board, and we take Beltran. Not James. Not Nyarko (who would be a godsend for our very thin forward line). Beltran. I watched a bit of the U-20 tourney last summer. Beltran did not impress me at all. Hopefully this will somehow pan out, but I don't see it. I'll take Kipre at right back over Beltran 105 out of 100 times.

Then, RSL has TWO shots at pre-draft consensus top 3 Eric Avila. And pass on him twice. Horst is unnecessary with the sudden wave of defensive signings. Why not take Avila there? We have 3 attacking mids. One who can't play more than 45 min (Williams), 1 who is penciled in at forward (Espindola), and 1 who has shown flashes but that's all (Morales). And we take Horst. Honestly.

All in all, there's a slight chance I will eat these words (and I hope I do), but as for now I NEVER EVER EVER want to hear another word about picking Besagno. This is as bad, if not far worse. My patience for Jason and Garth is growing thinner by the day. What a joke. I'm done. Enjoy #37 everybody...

1 comment:

beanjah said...

at least he has a cool name. nimo. that's very menacing.