Thursday, July 12, 2007

This week's fantasy lineup

Before the season started DCU Ben got me to start a MLS fantasy league team on mfls.com. I've had a pretty good run this season, although the Gold Cup, Copa America, and, to an extent, the U-20 World Cup have cost me a lot of my subs. That being said, I'm holding my own, second in my group, although only by 2 points. Without further ado, here is this week's lineup for my "Dashing Superheroes" (<-Space Ghost reference):

---------------------------Hesmer (CLB)---------------------------

------Wynne (TOR)-----Barrett (HOU)-----Jewsbury (KC)------

----Mapp (CHI)--Victorine (KC)--Holden (HOU)--Marinelli (KC)----

--------Johnson (KC)------Galindo (CHV)------Angel (NY)---------

A lot of Houston (2 games this week) and Kansas City (it just sort of happened I had them all on my team, but they are all starting with this week's game against RSL). I hate to pick so many guys that are going against Real, but I just have a bad feeling about that game, and combined with last week's craptacular vs. Columbus (and Toronto), I'm just playing the averages. Hopefully, RSL will win and my team will tank, but I guess either way I win, ha ha. Fortune favors the bold, indeed.

mfls.com also has a "prediction league" where you try and guess the results of each week's games. I'm doing pretty well in that one, after a big week last week, sitting at #58 overall on the site. My picks are always based off my gut feeling at the moment and involve little to no deep thought behind them, so take it with a grain of salt. This week's picks:

HOU 2 @ CHI 0
DAL 0 @ DCU 1
NER 2 @ NY 1
RSL 0 @ KC 3
CLB 1 @ CHV 1
TOR 1 @ HOU 2

Anyway, that's it for my pointless fantasy league ramblings today. Peaceness kids!

No comments: