Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Luis Gil

How funny. I read an article this morning where US U-17 midfielder Luis Gil, recently won by the Wizards in a lottery, had stated he wanted to stay out west with either Seattle or Salt Lake. On my way here to the Review to talk about how I thought that would be a nice pickup for the future, I stopped by Steve Goff's blog on the Washington Post and he says that RSL has already traded for Gil! I really like the move and think Gil could develop well with the help of Javi, Kyle, Andy, WillJ, and coach K (not to mention perhaps some CONCACAF Champions League experience). I'm not sure how I feel about RSL sending ANOTHER of its few international spots to KC (hopefully this one's only for a year, not time and all eternity). More details to come, I'm sure, but for now, nice move by RSL!

No comments: