Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ye Olde Royal Predictions: Week 17 and other assorted musings

I know, I know, I missed posting another week of predictions, but as usual, they were made and can be scored. But, to get back on top of things, here are this week's:

Thursday, July 17:
Kansas City 1 vs. THE 2

Saturday, July 19:
NTOTB 0 vs. Streamer Warehouse 3
LAG 3 vs. Non-Reynas 2
Crapids/Cripids 1 vs. Dallass 2
REAL SALT LAKE 1 vs. BSOF 1

Tuesday, July 22nd (odd day for a game, so it gets tacked onto this week):
Creamsickles 0 vs. Ben Cup Losers 2

As for the last two weeks' results...
Week 15: 2 correct (0 exact), 4 wrong (33%)
Week 16: 3 correct (1 exact), 2 wrong (60%, 20%)

MLS Season Total:
46-65 [8 exact] (41%, 7%)



In other news, Cletus himself, Mr. Clint "The Original RSL Bust" Mathis was spotted recently playing for the RSL reserves in a match against the school which shall not be named (it's in Hell Provo). Apparently, he is out of contract following his stint in Greece and needs somewhere to work out. While I don't see him signing with RSL (LAG still hold his MLS rights anyway), I can't say I'd be 100% against him being signed as a threat off the bench. That having been said, there are countless better options out there, and with two free International roster spots, let's hope RSL takes them.

Finally, in a blatant bid to win points at home, I want to say hi to my wonderful wife! :) She joined me at the Columbus game, which was a lot of fun and I appreciate, seeing as how she has little to no interest in sports. Interestingly enough, she actually made some very astute observations. The one that stands out in particular was her calling out of "number 5" (Becks) for being too hesitant and for not taking the lanes the defense was giving him. At one point (after he stalled an attack by pulling back with the ball even as he could've broken towards goal with it) she turned to me and said, "Why didn't he keep running up the field? No one was coming after him!" And, of course, I had been thinking basically the same thing. Great minds think alike I guess. Well done, honey! And, in fact, I've been thinking a lot about Kyle's performances lately, but that is planned for a whole separate post that I will be working on soon. Until then, enjoy the view from first place everyone! I know I am.

No comments: