Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Le Sigh

I was planning on doing a review of Monday's game, but it is now Wednesday and the farther we get from the game, the less I want to review it. Perhaps I'll throw up some player ratings or a man of the match sometime in the next day or two, but for now I would rather not fully relive the latest RSL debacle. However, while we are on the topic, I would like to give Assclown of the Match to none other than RSL's own Yura Movsisyan. While I've already made my feelings clear about makeup calls, the fact remains that they are all too prevalent in MLS (and in sports in general). Everyone knows this and so while he was clearly frustrated and probably being egged on, Yura needs to keep his head so that RSL can retain the man advantage. RSL was playing reasonably even with Houston much of the time when it was 11 v. 11, but a man up, RSL should have won this easily. Movs needs to play much smarter (and better, but that's a different post). Thanks for helping blow this one for us!

Also, here are this week's RR predictions. Now you can confidently call your local bookie!

Thursday
NY 1 - LA 2

Saturday
NERds 2 - TOR 0
(NiƱa, Pinta, Santa Maria, and) Columbus 1 - DCU 3
KC 1 - DAL 2
RSL 2 - Cripids 1 (RMC here we come!)
HOU 2 - Chivas 2

Sunday
LA 1 - CHI 2

(Yes, I made a (terribly corny and unfunny) Christopher Columbus joke. I'm just that good. hahaha)

Last weeks results:
5 correct (0 exact scores), 2 wrong

1 comment:

beanjah said...

i love the nina pinta and santa maria. it's kind of like a song. i hope that prediction stays true. we need a win before the playoffs.