Thursday, August 2, 2007

Catch-all update

So it didn't take long for Colorado to bring out Mehdi's "thug side." (thanks Steve Goff/Soccer Insider for the link) Fernando "Straight Thuggin' G" Clavijo must be proud. I think he may be a gang leader, but that's not confirmed. That trade was the steal of the century, I'm telling you... By the way, check out Mr. Victorine shortly after, that's quite an ice pack!

In other recent news, RSL has released backup to the backup to the backup keeper Matt Wideman, who saw a total of no action with RSL and has probably now had his development stunted for good. :) Also released was long-time Royal Danny Torres, in order to free up a senior international roster slot. Let's hope RSL's new SI's are actually good and not just guys they signed solely because they are Argentinian and because other Argentinians are currently playing quite well in MLS. Although, knowing RSL, it wouldn't surprise me... Anyway Danny, thanks for the memories...

Also, Freddy "Road Redwood" Adu has finally made his much lusted after move to Europe. I have two words for that: good riddance. If he won't play with passion or effort or even skill for our team we don't need him. He's definitely been part of the problem. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...actually, do. It may knock some sense into you. Either way, best of luck in Europe to Freddy, as I do hope his potential comes to fruition, the US team could use as many skilled technical attackers as it can get.

And now, we come to this weeks mfls.com Fantasy News (cue fanfare). Here's what the week 18 lineup looks like:

---------------------------Hesmer (CLB)---------------------------

------Wynne (TOR)-----Barrett (HOU)-----Larentowicz (NERds)------

----Joseph (NERds)--Ralston (NERds)--Holden (HOU)--Toja (DALass)----

--------Johnson (KC)------Esky (RSL)------Cristman (NERds)---------

A lot of NERds this week as they are the only team with 2 games: today vs. the "Pull over I gotta" Wiz and Sunday against the Black and Red of DC "Can't Win the Ben Cup" United. Esky is an iffy pick as he may still be out with whatever injury he has that he picked up whenever he did. Funny we didn't hear more about it...did he get called up to the Liberian National Team too??? But my other forwards (Galindo and Angel) both have the week off so I'm taking a shot with him (plus I like him so it works out on all fronts). Here's my spur of the moment (as always) mfls predictions for the week's games:
KC 2 - NERds 2
CLB 2 - CHI(cago) 1
Crapids 0 - Dallass 2
HOU 3 - RSL 1
DC 1 - NERds 1
LA 0 - TOR 2
I hope I'm wrong on RSL, I'll be at the match with some friends from out of town (the proprietors of "The Edgell Supporters" and Ben Cup losers). Perhaps they're here for a scouting trip? hahaha Anyway, I'm hoping to see a good performance from the Reds but I'm not holding my breath...

Finally, with DCU Ben coming to town the trophy for the Ben Cup will (hopefully) soon be finalized. I'll get pictures as soon as possible. Don't forget, Leg 2 is coming soon (Sept. 12) to RFK Stadium in Washington, DC. RSL is holding a 1-0-0 record and a +1 goal differential this year after winning it last year. Let's go RSL!!!
(Also, congrats to DCU on advancing to the semifinals of Superliga (that seems like that needs superhero fanfare before you say it)-smack around Houston the Galaxy! (duh, they JUST played Houston...I'm stupid... ha ha))

PS-Thanks to MLSnet for the videos and myself for the sweet, sweet Clavijo picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was the most fantastic post...but if you think we aren't gonna pull for houston this saturday you're.....cra, well, you're right. i can't pull for stinking ching!

beanjah said...

clavijo is so money